Welcome

Are you hungry for some meaty text on art?

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Oops, I did it again


I'm not in the habit of quoting Britany Spears. (I'm not even sure if that's how you spell her name and perfectionist that I am, I'm not even bothering to look it up.) In any event, I did do it again, I bought another piece, even though I was saving up for a small Robert Stuart and have many other more ant-like ways to not spend my money. But I was minding my ps and qs taking in an exhibit of the work of Michele Harvey at the Fenimore Museum in Cooperstown when I passed a case containing some of her small works and BAM there it was calling my name. Being the grasshopper that I am, I couldn't resist this one and the price seemed in range as oppposed to so far out there it wasn't attainable. In any event, it's a small study, just 4" x 6.5" of clouds against a heart-stopping cerealan sky, it's very representational, but because it's wall-to-wall sky and a small gem of a piece it got me where I lived. It's called Bit of Blue.

No comments:

Post a Comment